A Life of Suddenly, It All Change Pt. 1

Friday.

The last day of workdays trying to grab some drinks and pastries when an email just came in. Gasping between happy and unbelieving what is going on and what's going off. Suddenly, All i think of was coming into a real life. I should go into somewhere i dreamed of for two months or more. I remember my head was in a rush for thinking how much things should i brought for 2 months living out there.

Sunday.

All packed and I'm ready to go!

The first time i touch the All New Yogyakarta International Airport was a almost empty hallway, not much of people, bench, seat, or maybe decorations throughout the line. Waiting for the baggage to show up was my longest time in the airport. My friends were capturing me in the most viral interiors of the Airport.

Thru the Day-1 was the day full of couldn't took my eyes away from the beautiful sceneries. Yep, we had meetings for the Day-1 in the middle of fresh air and highlands. I kinda appreciate the current architecture in the middle of greeneries, but i don't think about how people would find this place as much as people thought about having a vacation. Because it's ramadhan season, then we had iftar in the end of the day. I tried so much from the cafe menu, including Bakmi Godhog (which is my favorite) and the Honey Lemongrass tea.

 


Thinking about how much this City has changed since the last time I moved out, my brain goes unwillingly confused. There're so much places and coffee shops to try and I don't have the power to list all of them. Luckily, My job was about going door to door from restaurants, cafes, hotels, and other places to survey about their main energy demand. Because my job was going door to door, i saw lots of beautiful cafes to try.

1. Couvee

They have like more than 5 outlets in Jogja only and 1 outlet in Jakarta. Then, I always love to had their coffee after class. My most favorite coffee is caramel machiato and red velvet latte for their non coffee menu. They also have some new menu with all black coffee like Cafe Litchi, Tropical Mango, and Pineapple Fizz, but i haven't try them yet. Overall, Couvee still has a place in my heart forever.

2. Tunqu Nangkring

Ever had pizza in hawker places? Try this one called "Tunqu Nangkring". They had lots of pizza and pasta menu and I tried their menu called "Pizza gagal diet", "Pizza Iwak Segoro", and "Pizza Sarang Lemak". The taste like BOOM! this place are the best, not only beacuse it's cheap but also their taste and the crunch from the bread is awesome. I wanna back at this place again for another menu to try.

3. Thyme Beef Bar and Eatery


Not gonna lie to you guys, I was here to survey this restaurant (and also had their lunch to try). After I took some notes during the interview, My eyes caught an interesting menu called "Salmon Kemangi" It's a pan seared salmon with basil sauce on top. Well, I'm a fans of basil leaves so I give this dishes a two tumbs up! and don't forget, they had 5 lychees in their tea!

4. Sekar Pizza


All I remember about their building was an old and abandoned. I'm shock theor turn the building into a pretty Pizza-stop-outlet. Here you are "Sekar Pizza". They sell pizza in slices or a whole. You can get around $2 - $3 for a single slice or $14 - $20 for a whole pizza based on their toppings. Beside pizza, they served hot chicken wings, smoked beef, meatball, and burger. For the drinks you can choose between cola, lemonade, homemade ginger beer, coffee soda, pina colada, or a beer. If you buy their pizza, they will give you like 2 dipping sauce (I'm sorry i dont know their name) it like a garlic mayo sauce and honey chilli sauce if i'm not mistaken. I like the hot honey one.

There are a lot more to go about F&B in Jogja, stay tune for more of my review post!

to be cont'd.

Love,

G

Comments

Popular Posts