Cactus Painting Inspired by Yao Cheng

Yao Cheng is always my favorite inspiration, her paintings always full of bright colors, great gradients, colors composition, I could say there's no Yao Cheng's painting that I don't like. Lately, I painted a cactus thingy inspired by Yao Cheng's cactus painting. Unlike Yao Cheng, I used poster paint to substitute the gouache paint (cause I ran out of white gouache paint).

I always start the first layer with the softer colors for the cactus in behind and then paint with more bright and bold colors on top of it (for the upfront cactus). Since some of the cactus have different kinds of thorns and flowers, I search over the internet to get lots of thorns and cactus flowers for inspiration. And here it is, my final cactus painting, inspired by Yao Cheng.


Comments

Popular Posts